Known as the “Emerald Isle” due to its 40 shades of green, Ireland is an island of lush green hills, crumbling castles, rugged granite mountains, caves, cliffs, crystal clear waterways and lunar landscapes caused by volcanic eruptions all surrounded by the brooding waters of the Irish Sea and Atlantic Ocean. From the Giants Causeway in County Antrim to the Cliffs of Moher to Connemara and the Lakes of Killarney there is so much to see and do in Ireland.
Full of mystery, myths and legends, it evokes images of everything from leprechauns and Blarney stones to music festivals and perfect pints of Guinness. Don’t forget to visit the following must see locations:
- The Cliffs of Moher – one of Ireland’s top Visitor attractions and a designated UNESCO Geo Park. The Cliffs are 214m high at the highest point and range for 8 kilometres over the Atlantic Ocean on the western seaboard of County Clare. O’Brien’s Tower stands proudly on a headland of the majestic Cliffs. From the Cliffs one can see the Aran Islands, Galway Bay, as well as The Twelve Pins, the Maum Turk Mountains in Connemara and Loop Head to the South.
- The Blarney Stone – is a block of bluestone built into the battlements of Blarney Castle, Blarney, about 5 miles from Cork. According to legend, kissing the stone endows the kisser with the gift of eloquence. To kiss it, one has to lean backwards (holding on to an iron railing) from the parapet walk. The prize is a real one as once kissed the stone bestows the gift of eloquence. The stone was set into a tower of the castle in 1446.
- The Giants Causeway – For centuries countless visitors have marvelled at the majesty and mystery of the Giants Causeway. At the heart of one of Europe’s most magnificent coastlines its unique rock formations have, for millions of years, stood as a natural rampart against the unbridled ferocity of Atlantic storms. The rugged symmetry of the columns never fails to intrigue and inspire visitors. To stroll on the Giants Causeway is to voyage back in time.
- Belfast Castle – set on the slopes of Cavehill Country Park, Belfast, Northern Ireland in a prominent position 400 feet above sea level. Its location provides unobstructed views of the city of Belfast and Belfast Lough.
- Grafton Street – a popular attraction in Ireland. This unique destination is located in Dublin. However, the street itself is a famous Irish landmark. Some consider it an institution. This historic area is home to a major upscale shopping center.
Room for 5 has managed to find 150 hotels, guest houses and serviced apartments on The Emerald Isle that can sleep big families of 5 or more. Whether you are wanting to visit Killarney, Cork, Dublin, Galway or more you can find your large family rooms in Ireland now, quickly and easily at http://www.roomfor5.co.uk/list/2
Tags: family room belfast, family room Cork, family room dublin, family room Galway, family room Ireland, family room Kilkenny, family room Killarney, family suite Belfast, family suite Cork, family suite Dublin, family suite Galway, family suite Ireland, family suite Kilkenny, family suite Killarney, hotel sleeps 5 Belfast, hotel sleeps 5 Cork, hotel sleeps 5 Dublin, hotel sleeps 5 Galway, hotel sleeps 5 Ireland, hotel sleeps 5 Kilkenny, hotel sleeps 5 Killarney, hotel sleeps 6 Belfast, hotel sleeps 6 Cork, hotel sleeps 6 Dublin, hotel sleeps 6 Galway, hotel sleeps 6 Ireland, hotel sleeps 6 Kilkenny, hotel sleeps 6 Killarney, large room Belfast, large room Cork, large room Dublin, large room Galway, large room Ireland, large room Kilkenny, large room Killarney, room for 5 belfast, room for 5 Cork, room for 5 dublin, room for 5 Galway, room for 5 Ireland, room for 5 Kilkenny, room for 5 Killarney, room for 6 belfast, room for 6 Cork, room for 6 dublin, room for 6 Galway, room for 6 Ireland, room for 6 Kilkenny, room for 6 Killarney, room sleeps 5 belfast, room sleeps 5 Cork, room sleeps 5 dublin, room sleeps 5 Galway, room sleeps 5 Ireland, room sleeps 5 Kilkenny, room sleeps 5 Killarney, room sleeps 6 belfast, room sleeps 6 Cork, room sleeps 6 dublin, room sleeps 6 Galway, room sleeps 6 Ireland, room sleeps 6 Kilkenny, room sleeps 6 Killarney, sleeps 5 persons Belfast, sleeps 5 persons Cork, sleeps 5 persons Dublin, sleeps 5 persons Galway, sleeps 5 persons Ireland, sleeps 5 persons Kilkenny, sleeps 5 persons Killarney, sleeps 6 persons Belfast, sleeps 6 persons Cork, sleeps 6 persons Dublin, sleeps 6 persons Galway, sleeps 6 persons Ireland, sleeps 6 persons Kilkenny, sleeps 6 persons Killarney